12 PLFI men held in Sundargarh
Rourkela (Odisha): Altogether 12 members of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) were arrested in four operations by police in Sundargarh district, police said here on Sunday.
Claiming to be working in line with Maoists, PLFI had of late unleashed a reign of terror in Sundargarh district and their arrest yesterday could curb the crimes to some extent, they said.
Acting on a tip off, a special police squad intercepted four youths riding two motorbikes from Nuagaon to Hurda in neighbouring Jharkhand.
As the youths fired, the police retaliated and nabbed two of them while the other two fled, they said adding one of the two is a minor.
A country-made gun, ammunition, leaflets of PLFI, garments, two mobile sets, two SIM cards and a motorcycle bearing Jhraknad registration were seized from them.
In another case, the police cracked a robbery in a petrol pump at Kuanrmunda with the arrest of PLFI`s Bishnu Sao alias Karan (22) of Khunti in Jharkhand who carried a reward of Rs one lakh on his head in the neighbouring state.
Four PLFI men were arrested and two country-made pistols, two ammunition, one mobile phone and a bike recovered from them by a police team in Kansbahal.
In yet another breakthrough, police cracked the murder of contractor and local BJD leader Hardeep Singh at Bileigarh on July 7 and arrested five accused persons belonging to PLFI, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’