120 of 133 HM posts vacant in tribal dominated Rayagada,Odisha
Rayagada: At least 120 posts of high school head masters are lying vacant in the tribal dominated Rayagada district of Odisha, official sources said here today.
There are altogether 133 high schools in the district and the vacant posts belonged to the category of scheduled caste and scheduled tribe candidates, District Education Officer of Rayagada, Premananda Rout said.
Besides, eight posts of Block Education Officers (BLOs) in the backward district, several posts of teachers, head clerks and clerks were lying vacant in different high schools, he said.
Steps were being taken to fill up the posts through proper advertisement inviting suitable candidates for test and interview, Rout said adding the process had started and he was optimistic of filling up the vacancies.
Vacancy of teaching staff in high schools in the district included 10 posts of post-graduate teachers (Arts), mathematics (25), science (six), Hindi (50) and Sanskrit (12), sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi