120 of 133 HM posts vacant in tribal dominated Rayagada,Odisha
Rayagada: At least 120 posts of high school head masters are lying vacant in the tribal dominated Rayagada district of Odisha, official sources said here today.
There are altogether 133 high schools in the district and the vacant posts belonged to the category of scheduled caste and scheduled tribe candidates, District Education Officer of Rayagada, Premananda Rout said.
Besides, eight posts of Block Education Officers (BLOs) in the backward district, several posts of teachers, head clerks and clerks were lying vacant in different high schools, he said.
Steps were being taken to fill up the posts through proper advertisement inviting suitable candidates for test and interview, Rout said adding the process had started and he was optimistic of filling up the vacancies.
Vacancy of teaching staff in high schools in the district included 10 posts of post-graduate teachers (Arts), mathematics (25), science (six), Hindi (50) and Sanskrit (12), sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown