132 convicted in Kandhamal riot cases: Naveen
Bhubaneswar: At least 132 persons had so
far been convicted in different cases related to 2008 communal
violence in Orissa`s Kandhamal district, Chief Minister Naveen
Patnaik said today.
While replying a question in the assembly, Patnaik
said that 38 persons were killed in the communal violence.
On the involvement of any person or organisation,
Patnaik, who is also in charge of home department, said that
24 activists belonging to Bajrang Dal and VHP were arrested
and lodged at jails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Brendon McCullum's unbelievable fielding effort vs Delhi Daredevils in Match 31 of IPL 2016
- I love Karan Patel, but don't want him in my life: Kamya Punjabi
- Get LeEco Le 1s Eco at introductory price of Rs 9,999; flash sale on May 12
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections: Did DMK use Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser to target AIADMK, Jayalalithaa over Chennai floods?
- Asthma attack without an inhaler: First aid tips – Watch!