132 convicted in Kandhamal riot cases: Naveen
Bhubaneswar: At least 132 persons had so
far been convicted in different cases related to 2008 communal
violence in Orissa`s Kandhamal district, Chief Minister Naveen
Patnaik said today.
While replying a question in the assembly, Patnaik
said that 38 persons were killed in the communal violence.
On the involvement of any person or organisation,
Patnaik, who is also in charge of home department, said that
24 activists belonging to Bajrang Dal and VHP were arrested
and lodged at jails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH