14 Naxals killed in Odisha encounter – most in single operation
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
Bhubaneswar: At least 14 Naxals, including a woman, were killed by the Special Operations Group (SOG) and District Village Force (DVG) during an operation in the Malkangiri district on Saturday.
It is the biggest Naxal casualty in a single operation in the state till date.
The police received a tip-off after which it raided the site where the Naxals were camping close to the Chhattisgarh border. However, firing ensued after Naxals opened fire at them.
Police suspect the involvement of the Naxals in the attack on the convoy of Congress leaders in Darbha in Chhattisgarh on May 25.
The police recovered huge cache of arms and ammunitions and Maoist literature from the Naxals during the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday