14 Naxals killed in Odisha encounter – most in single operation
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
Bhubaneswar: At least 14 Naxals, including a woman, were killed by the Special Operations Group (SOG) and District Village Force (DVG) during an operation in the Malkangiri district on Saturday.
It is the biggest Naxal casualty in a single operation in the state till date.
The police received a tip-off after which it raided the site where the Naxals were camping close to the Chhattisgarh border. However, firing ensued after Naxals opened fire at them.
Police suspect the involvement of the Naxals in the attack on the convoy of Congress leaders in Darbha in Chhattisgarh on May 25.
The police recovered huge cache of arms and ammunitions and Maoist literature from the Naxals during the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley