14 Naxals killed in Odisha encounter – most in single operation
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
Bhubaneswar: At least 14 Naxals, including a woman, were killed by the Special Operations Group (SOG) and District Village Force (DVG) during an operation in the Malkangiri district on Saturday.
It is the biggest Naxal casualty in a single operation in the state till date.
The police received a tip-off after which it raided the site where the Naxals were camping close to the Chhattisgarh border. However, firing ensued after Naxals opened fire at them.
Police suspect the involvement of the Naxals in the attack on the convoy of Congress leaders in Darbha in Chhattisgarh on May 25.
The police recovered huge cache of arms and ammunitions and Maoist literature from the Naxals during the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan