14 Naxals killed in Odisha encounter – most in single operation
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
Bhubaneswar: At least 14 Naxals, including a woman, were killed by the Special Operations Group (SOG) and District Village Force (DVG) during an operation in the Malkangiri district on Saturday.
It is the biggest Naxal casualty in a single operation in the state till date.
The police received a tip-off after which it raided the site where the Naxals were camping close to the Chhattisgarh border. However, firing ensued after Naxals opened fire at them.
Police suspect the involvement of the Naxals in the attack on the convoy of Congress leaders in Darbha in Chhattisgarh on May 25.
The police recovered huge cache of arms and ammunitions and Maoist literature from the Naxals during the operation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference