151 Odisha pilgrims rescued from Uttarakhand
Bhubaneswar: Over 150 people from Odisha have so far been rescued from flood-hit Uttarakhand, while there was still no information about 15 pilgrims belonging to one family in Sambalpur, the state government said on Saturday.
"At least 64 people have been airlifted from Delhi to Bhubaneswar while others travelled by train and bus to their houses," a release issued by the Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) said.
Of the 151 persons, 112 are on their way back, it said, adding, two persons injured in the calamity have been admitted at hospital for treatment while 11 others are in Haridwar.
The state government will bear the air and train travel expenses of the affected pilgrims, they said, adding, three teams of officials have been sent to Dehradun and Haridwar to oversee rescue operation.
The state government has opened a control room at Odisha Bhawan in New Delhi to assist family members of the affected.
"We have no information about the fate of 15 persons belonging to Rathi family of Sambalpur," Bipin Saxena, Resident Commissioner of Odisha government in Delhi, told reporters.
Seventeen members of Rathi family were in a hotel at Kedarnath when they were swept away, said Ashok Rathi, one of the surviving members of the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price