16 Maoists surrender in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Sixteen Maoist guerrillas Saturday surrendered in Orissa`s Gajapati district saying they wanted to return to mainstream life, police said.
"Sixteen people have surrendered before us. They have surrendered saying that they want to return to mainstream," District Superintendent of Police Sanjeev Arora told a news agency.
According to police, of the 16 Maoists, eight were hardcore rebels from Adaba area of Gajapati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015