16 Maoists surrender in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Sixteen Maoist guerrillas Saturday surrendered in Orissa`s Gajapati district saying they wanted to return to mainstream life, police said.
"Sixteen people have surrendered before us. They have surrendered saying that they want to return to mainstream," District Superintendent of Police Sanjeev Arora told a news agency.
According to police, of the 16 Maoists, eight were hardcore rebels from Adaba area of Gajapati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened