16 Maoists surrender in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Sixteen Maoist guerrillas Saturday surrendered in Orissa`s Gajapati district saying they wanted to return to mainstream life, police said.
"Sixteen people have surrendered before us. They have surrendered saying that they want to return to mainstream," District Superintendent of Police Sanjeev Arora told a news agency.
According to police, of the 16 Maoists, eight were hardcore rebels from Adaba area of Gajapati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’