17 people convicted in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani(Odisha): A local court in Odisha`s
Kandhamal district has sentenced 17 people to three-years
rigorous imprisonment and penalty of Rs 5,000 each after
convicting them of house burning, rioting and unlawful
assembly with deadly weapons during the 2008 communal riot.
B N Mishra, Additional Sessions Judge, first track
court-II pronounced the judgement yesterday.
According to prosecution these people were
involved in the Kandhmal riot in August 2008 at Hatapada of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH