17 people convicted in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani(Odisha): A local court in Odisha`s
Kandhamal district has sentenced 17 people to three-years
rigorous imprisonment and penalty of Rs 5,000 each after
convicting them of house burning, rioting and unlawful
assembly with deadly weapons during the 2008 communal riot.
B N Mishra, Additional Sessions Judge, first track
court-II pronounced the judgement yesterday.
According to prosecution these people were
involved in the Kandhmal riot in August 2008 at Hatapada of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen