17 people fall ill after chlorine gas leak
Bhubaneswar: At least 17 people fell ill,
four of them seriously, after being exposed to chlorine gas
which leaked during water purification in Niladri Vihar area
here on Saturday evening, police said.
The incident happened due to leakage when chlorine was
being mixed in a water tank in the area, Inspector In-Charge
of Chandrasekharpur police station, Rabi Satpathy said.
Altogether 17 persons in the vicinity were taken ill
after inhalation of the gas, he said adding that the affected
people were immediately taken to the Capital Hospital for
The condition of four of the affected persons was
stated to be serious. They were placed under close
observation. The affected people complained of nausea,
suffocation and giddiness and some of them were admitted to
the intensive care unit (ICU), hospital sources said.
Efforts were on to ascertain the circumstances that
led to the incident.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Horror! In chilling reminder of Delhi gang-rape, woman in Kerala brutally raped, intestines pulled out
- Cong accuses PM Modi of doctoring birth details, education info; threatens to expose facts
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un bans all weddings, funerals ahead of party congress: Report
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance