17 people fall ill after chlorine gas leak
Bhubaneswar: At least 17 people fell ill,
four of them seriously, after being exposed to chlorine gas
which leaked during water purification in Niladri Vihar area
here on Saturday evening, police said.
The incident happened due to leakage when chlorine was
being mixed in a water tank in the area, Inspector In-Charge
of Chandrasekharpur police station, Rabi Satpathy said.
Altogether 17 persons in the vicinity were taken ill
after inhalation of the gas, he said adding that the affected
people were immediately taken to the Capital Hospital for
The condition of four of the affected persons was
stated to be serious. They were placed under close
observation. The affected people complained of nausea,
suffocation and giddiness and some of them were admitted to
the intensive care unit (ICU), hospital sources said.
Efforts were on to ascertain the circumstances that
led to the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!