17 people fall ill after chlorine gas leak
Bhubaneswar: At least 17 people fell ill,
four of them seriously, after being exposed to chlorine gas
which leaked during water purification in Niladri Vihar area
here on Saturday evening, police said.
The incident happened due to leakage when chlorine was
being mixed in a water tank in the area, Inspector In-Charge
of Chandrasekharpur police station, Rabi Satpathy said.
Altogether 17 persons in the vicinity were taken ill
after inhalation of the gas, he said adding that the affected
people were immediately taken to the Capital Hospital for
The condition of four of the affected persons was
stated to be serious. They were placed under close
observation. The affected people complained of nausea,
suffocation and giddiness and some of them were admitted to
the intensive care unit (ICU), hospital sources said.
Efforts were on to ascertain the circumstances that
led to the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack