2 get RI in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani: A Fast Track court here on Tuesday sentenced 2 persons to 4 -year rigorous imprisonment each after finding them guilty in a house burning incident during 2008 communal riot in Orissa`s Kandhamal district.
Fast track court judge C R Das, however, acquitted 27 others in the case due to lack of evidence.
The incident took place on August 28, 2008, at Biraguda village under Phiringia police station area. The tribals allegedly set afire six houses of the village after the killing of VHP leader Laxamananda Saraswati.
A total of 29 persons were arrested in connection with the arson case.
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- AgustaWestland probe will focus on names in Italy court judgement, says Manohar Parrikar
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain
- Chopper deal: I blacklisted AgustaWestland, not UPA, says Arun Jaitley