2 get RI in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani: A Fast Track court here on Tuesday sentenced 2 persons to 4 -year rigorous imprisonment each after finding them guilty in a house burning incident during 2008 communal riot in Orissa`s Kandhamal district.
Fast track court judge C R Das, however, acquitted 27 others in the case due to lack of evidence.
The incident took place on August 28, 2008, at Biraguda village under Phiringia police station area. The tribals allegedly set afire six houses of the village after the killing of VHP leader Laxamananda Saraswati.
A total of 29 persons were arrested in connection with the arson case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city