2 get RI in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani: A Fast Track court here on Tuesday sentenced 2 persons to 4 -year rigorous imprisonment each after finding them guilty in a house burning incident during 2008 communal riot in Orissa`s Kandhamal district.
Fast track court judge C R Das, however, acquitted 27 others in the case due to lack of evidence.
The incident took place on August 28, 2008, at Biraguda village under Phiringia police station area. The tribals allegedly set afire six houses of the village after the killing of VHP leader Laxamananda Saraswati.
A total of 29 persons were arrested in connection with the arson case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional