2 get RI in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani: A Fast Track court here on Tuesday sentenced 2 persons to 4 -year rigorous imprisonment each after finding them guilty in a house burning incident during 2008 communal riot in Orissa`s Kandhamal district.
Fast track court judge C R Das, however, acquitted 27 others in the case due to lack of evidence.
The incident took place on August 28, 2008, at Biraguda village under Phiringia police station area. The tribals allegedly set afire six houses of the village after the killing of VHP leader Laxamananda Saraswati.
A total of 29 persons were arrested in connection with the arson case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town