2 get RI in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani: A Fast Track court here on Tuesday sentenced 2 persons to 4 -year rigorous imprisonment each after finding them guilty in a house burning incident during 2008 communal riot in Orissa`s Kandhamal district.
Fast track court judge C R Das, however, acquitted 27 others in the case due to lack of evidence.
The incident took place on August 28, 2008, at Biraguda village under Phiringia police station area. The tribals allegedly set afire six houses of the village after the killing of VHP leader Laxamananda Saraswati.
A total of 29 persons were arrested in connection with the arson case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India won't tolerate any insult to its Army - Must Read
- Swara Bhaskar turns writer, pens love story
- Venus clouds may reveal underlying secrets
- Bollywood actors vs MPs charity match: Baba Ramdev steals the show - See Pics
- Sensex zooms by over 292 points to recapture 28,000-mark; Nifty above 8,600-level