2 key operators in fake job racket held in Odisha
Berhampur: Two key operators of a fake job racket were on Thursday arrested, three days after police took into custody three persons in this connection.
Bandit Mohanty alias Bikash Das of Rasalpur in Jagatsinghpur district and Biswa Bhusana Mohapatra of Narasinghpur in Puri district were arrested from Samantarapur area in Bhubaneswar, police said.
Describing Mohanty and Mohapatra as the key operators in the racket, Sub Divisional Police Officer (Aska) Sarah Sharma said they had opened an consultant agency in Samantarapur area. They conducted fake interviews, issued fake call letters and collected money from the aspirants.
"Besides certificates and passport size photos of several aspirants, we have also found some fake call letter formats, logos of some private banks, model question papers to conduct interviews stored in their laptops," she said.
"We have also seized original certificates of two girls from them," she said.
PAN and ATM cards, three laptops, visiting cards of different persons and several documents, passport photographs of job-seekers were also seized from the duo.
With this, police have arrested five members of the fake job racket so far. Police had arrested three members of the racket from Dhenkanal three days ago.
They had allegedly duped unemployed youths over Rs 20 lakh through collecting Rs 40,000 to over Rs 1 lakh from each aspirant with false promise of job in private banks.
The racketeers had duped youths from Aska, Buguda, Sorada in Ganjam district, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jharsuguda and Nabarangapur, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state