2 kids die, 7 ill after eating food at anganwadi centre
Baripada: At least two kids died and seven others fell ill allegedly after taking food at an anganwadi centre in Odisha`s tribal dominated Mayurbhanj district today, police said.
The deceased children were identified as 3-year-olds Kajal Behera and Siba Behera of Jamada Sahi village under Jashipur police station in Mayurbhanj district.
"A total of nine kids in the age group of three had taken nutritious food at Jamada Sahi Anganwadi Centre at about 1 pm today. They were fed rice and egg curry during the day. However, the children started vomiting as soon as they consumed food," said Jaykrushna Behera, sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), Karanjia.
The children, all belonging to the scheduled caste community, were immediately rushed to nearby Jashipur hospital, Behera said adding that Kajal and Siba had been declared dead as soon as they arrived at the government sub-divisional hospital at Karanjia.
Hospital sources, however, said the health condition of seven children admitted at Jashipur hospital, were stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...