21 crude bombs seized, man held
Jajpur (Odisha): Altogether 21 crude
bombs were seized and a man was arrested, purportedly for use
during the ensuing panchayat elections in Odisha`s Jajpur
district on Wednesday, police said.
Kalandi Parida, of Kalamatia village under Bari police
limits in the district, was taking bombs to Sagadi village
when he was caught, they said.
Parida was produced before the court which remanded
him to judicial custody after rejecting his bail plea.
According to police, the bombs were being taken to
some sensitive areas of Goleipur panchayat under Korei block
with the panchayat polls. Police tracked the carrier of the
bombs and arrested him near Sagadi village.
On interrogation the arrested person said he acted
only as a carrier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars