21 crude bombs seized, man held
Jajpur (Odisha): Altogether 21 crude
bombs were seized and a man was arrested, purportedly for use
during the ensuing panchayat elections in Odisha`s Jajpur
district on Wednesday, police said.
Kalandi Parida, of Kalamatia village under Bari police
limits in the district, was taking bombs to Sagadi village
when he was caught, they said.
Parida was produced before the court which remanded
him to judicial custody after rejecting his bail plea.
According to police, the bombs were being taken to
some sensitive areas of Goleipur panchayat under Korei block
with the panchayat polls. Police tracked the carrier of the
bombs and arrested him near Sagadi village.
On interrogation the arrested person said he acted
only as a carrier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof