21 crude bombs seized, man held
Jajpur (Odisha): Altogether 21 crude
bombs were seized and a man was arrested, purportedly for use
during the ensuing panchayat elections in Odisha`s Jajpur
district on Wednesday, police said.
Kalandi Parida, of Kalamatia village under Bari police
limits in the district, was taking bombs to Sagadi village
when he was caught, they said.
Parida was produced before the court which remanded
him to judicial custody after rejecting his bail plea.
According to police, the bombs were being taken to
some sensitive areas of Goleipur panchayat under Korei block
with the panchayat polls. Police tracked the carrier of the
bombs and arrested him near Sagadi village.
On interrogation the arrested person said he acted
only as a carrier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says