21 crude bombs seized, man held
Jajpur (Odisha): Altogether 21 crude
bombs were seized and a man was arrested, purportedly for use
during the ensuing panchayat elections in Odisha`s Jajpur
district on Wednesday, police said.
Kalandi Parida, of Kalamatia village under Bari police
limits in the district, was taking bombs to Sagadi village
when he was caught, they said.
Parida was produced before the court which remanded
him to judicial custody after rejecting his bail plea.
According to police, the bombs were being taken to
some sensitive areas of Goleipur panchayat under Korei block
with the panchayat polls. Police tracked the carrier of the
bombs and arrested him near Sagadi village.
On interrogation the arrested person said he acted
only as a carrier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai