22 new dengue cases in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Health officials Saturday confirmed 22 new cases of dengue in Odisha, taking the total number of people in the state infected with the disease to 2,051 this year.
The highest number of new cases, seven, was reported from Jajpur district, M.M. Pradhan, joint director of the state health department, told IANS.
The death toll due to the mosquito-borne disease has, however, remained at six with no person dying of dengue in Odisha since the last week of October, Pradhan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest