222 cases disposed off by Lok Adalat in a day
Cuttack: At least 222 motor accident claim tribunal (MACT) cases were disposed off at a district-level Lok Adalat held here.
This was done at the 390th district level Lok Adalat of Cuttack district yesterday in which nearly 260 MACT cases were listed for adjudication, sources said.
Cuttack district sessions judge Shatrughna Pujahari, member secretary of Odisha State Legal Services Authority Bijay Kumar Rath and additional district judges KD R Dora, Prakash Chandra Mohapatra, Muralidhar Pradhan and Debendranath
Pradhan conducted the Lok Adalat and disposed off the cases awarding a combined compensation of over Rs 3.26 crore.
As many as 73 cases involving an government insurance company were disposed off on the day in which Rs 1,03,46,000 was awarded as damage to the claimants.
Another 112 cases involving three other government insurance companies were disposed off on the day.
Three private insurance companies participated in the Lok Adalat and a total 38 cases involving them were disposed off. They were asked to pay damage to the tune of a little over Rs 55,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report