222 cases disposed off by Lok Adalat in a day
Cuttack: At least 222 motor accident claim tribunal (MACT) cases were disposed off at a district-level Lok Adalat held here.
This was done at the 390th district level Lok Adalat of Cuttack district yesterday in which nearly 260 MACT cases were listed for adjudication, sources said.
Cuttack district sessions judge Shatrughna Pujahari, member secretary of Odisha State Legal Services Authority Bijay Kumar Rath and additional district judges KD R Dora, Prakash Chandra Mohapatra, Muralidhar Pradhan and Debendranath
Pradhan conducted the Lok Adalat and disposed off the cases awarding a combined compensation of over Rs 3.26 crore.
As many as 73 cases involving an government insurance company were disposed off on the day in which Rs 1,03,46,000 was awarded as damage to the claimants.
Another 112 cases involving three other government insurance companies were disposed off on the day.
Three private insurance companies participated in the Lok Adalat and a total 38 cases involving them were disposed off. They were asked to pay damage to the tune of a little over Rs 55,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir