27 injured as trains collide in Orissa
Bolangir: Twenty-seven people
were injured, four of them seriously, when a coal-laden goods
train derailed and was hit by the Koraput-Rourkela Express
near Sikir Railway Station in Orissa`s Bolangir district in
the wee hours of Wednesday.
The accident occurred at 12:35 am when the goods train
derailed and tilted on the other track on which the
Koraput-Rourkela Express was coming. The Express rammed into
the goods train resulting in injuries to 27 people, a
spokesman of the East Central Railway said.
Three bogies of the Express train were damaged in the
Traffic on the line has been disrupted and three
trains have been cancelled.
The injured were admitted to a hospital at Titlagarh
where the condition of four passengers was stated to be
serious, Bolangir Superintendent of Police Ajay Kumar Sarangi
Passengers have been sent to Rourkela by a special
Ex-gratia for victims
The Railways has announced an
ex-gratia of Rs one lakh to passengers who sustained
grievous injuries in the mishap.
Those who suffered simple injuries would get Rs 10,000
each, a Railway official said.
27 people were injured, four of them seriously, when a
coal-laden goods train derailed and was hit by the Koraput-
Rourkela Express near Sikir Railway Station in the wee hours
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo sends Portugal to pre-quarters - All details here
- Salman Khan's 'raped woman' controversy: Here's what Nawazuddin Siddiqui has to say about his 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Brexit: Emotions a key factor as the British EU referendum looms
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions