28-year-old man injured in firing in Odisha
Berhampur: A 28-year-old man was seriously injured when some unidentified miscreants fired him at S Chhachina village under Beguniapada police station limits in Ganjam district, police said on Monday.
The injured person, identified as Uttam Nayak of Chingudikhola was undergoing treatment at a private hospital at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh and his condition stated to be stable.
Quoting a delayed report, police said the miscreants fired at the victim on Saturday night while he was proceeding to the local market. "Motive behind the incident is not known. No one has been arrested in this connection so far," said police officer in-charge RR Pradhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?