32-year old woman burnt alive in Kendrapara
Kendrapara: A 32-year old woman was burnt alive, allegedly by her husband, in Pattamundai area of Odisha`s Kendrapara district apparently for her failure to bear an offspring.
The incident occurred in Baulanga village on Tuesday and the victim identified as Pramila Dash.
Gopabandhu Dash, husband of the deceased, was arrested yesterday on charges of murder, police said today.
The arrest was made after the woman`s father, Gopinath Dash lodged an FIR in this connection, said Inspector Pattamundai police station, Amitabh Mahapatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder