32-year old woman burnt alive in Kendrapara
Kendrapara: A 32-year old woman was burnt alive, allegedly by her husband, in Pattamundai area of Odisha`s Kendrapara district apparently for her failure to bear an offspring.
The incident occurred in Baulanga village on Tuesday and the victim identified as Pramila Dash.
Gopabandhu Dash, husband of the deceased, was arrested yesterday on charges of murder, police said today.
The arrest was made after the woman`s father, Gopinath Dash lodged an FIR in this connection, said Inspector Pattamundai police station, Amitabh Mahapatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- HEINOUS: 30-year-old man rapes 4-year-old; DCW chief asks 'when will Delhi be rape free'
- Vijay Mallya's loan default case: DRT to resume hearing on UBHL's plea countering banks
- German bar attacker Syrian, had psychiatric problems
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies