32-year old woman burnt alive in Kendrapara
Kendrapara: A 32-year old woman was burnt alive, allegedly by her husband, in Pattamundai area of Odisha`s Kendrapara district apparently for her failure to bear an offspring.
The incident occurred in Baulanga village on Tuesday and the victim identified as Pramila Dash.
Gopabandhu Dash, husband of the deceased, was arrested yesterday on charges of murder, police said today.
The arrest was made after the woman`s father, Gopinath Dash lodged an FIR in this connection, said Inspector Pattamundai police station, Amitabh Mahapatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them