32-year old woman burnt alive in Kendrapara
Kendrapara: A 32-year old woman was burnt alive, allegedly by her husband, in Pattamundai area of Odisha`s Kendrapara district apparently for her failure to bear an offspring.
The incident occurred in Baulanga village on Tuesday and the victim identified as Pramila Dash.
Gopabandhu Dash, husband of the deceased, was arrested yesterday on charges of murder, police said today.
The arrest was made after the woman`s father, Gopinath Dash lodged an FIR in this connection, said Inspector Pattamundai police station, Amitabh Mahapatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers