340 held for illegal mining in Orissa since January
Bhubaneswar: Three people were arrested Sunday for illegal mining in Orissa`s mineral-rich Keonjhar district, taking the total number of people held for the offence to 340 since January, police said.
The accused, Sajid Hembram, Rengta Hesa and Abdul Wahid, were arrested from the Barbil area. "They were sending the minerals to (neighbouring) Jharkhand (state) since last year," Superintendent of Police A.K. Singh said to a news agency.
They were already wanted by the police in several cases. The district headquarters of Keonjhar is some 230 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says