340 held for illegal mining in Orissa since January
Bhubaneswar: Three people were arrested Sunday for illegal mining in Orissa`s mineral-rich Keonjhar district, taking the total number of people held for the offence to 340 since January, police said.
The accused, Sajid Hembram, Rengta Hesa and Abdul Wahid, were arrested from the Barbil area. "They were sending the minerals to (neighbouring) Jharkhand (state) since last year," Superintendent of Police A.K. Singh said to a news agency.
They were already wanted by the police in several cases. The district headquarters of Keonjhar is some 230 km from here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan