35 bombs found, 2 held in Kalinga Nagar
Jajpur (Odisha): Close on the heels of
the seizure of 21 crude bombs from Korei area in Jajpur
district, Kalinga Nagar police have seized 35 crude bombs from
Kalinga Nagar steel hub area last evening.
Two persons were arrested and the bombs were likely to
have been procured to create violence in the coming panchayat
polls, the police said.
The arrested persons - Chaitanya Malik (45) and Nidhi
Malik (29) of Salapada village - brought the bombs to Kalinga
Nagar area from their village.
Getting a tip off a police team rushed to the spot and
caught them seized the bombs from their possession.
"The arrested persons make bombs and came to deliver
the bombs to the their local contacts," Kishore Chandra Mund,
inspector-in-charge (IIC) of Kalinga Nagar police station
On Wednesday, the police recovered as many as 21 live
crude bombs from Sagadi area in Korei block in the district
and arrested the man who was carrying the bombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth