35 bombs found, 2 held in Kalinga Nagar
Jajpur (Odisha): Close on the heels of
the seizure of 21 crude bombs from Korei area in Jajpur
district, Kalinga Nagar police have seized 35 crude bombs from
Kalinga Nagar steel hub area last evening.
Two persons were arrested and the bombs were likely to
have been procured to create violence in the coming panchayat
polls, the police said.
The arrested persons - Chaitanya Malik (45) and Nidhi
Malik (29) of Salapada village - brought the bombs to Kalinga
Nagar area from their village.
Getting a tip off a police team rushed to the spot and
caught them seized the bombs from their possession.
"The arrested persons make bombs and came to deliver
the bombs to the their local contacts," Kishore Chandra Mund,
inspector-in-charge (IIC) of Kalinga Nagar police station
On Wednesday, the police recovered as many as 21 live
crude bombs from Sagadi area in Korei block in the district
and arrested the man who was carrying the bombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31