36 public servants dismissed from service in Odisha in 2013
Bhubaneswar: At least 36 public servants have been dismissed from service in Odisha after being convicted in different corruption cases and 285 similar cases have been registered against officials including 48 class-I officers during 2013, official sources said.
The anti-corruption vigilance wing of the Odisha Police continued its efforts to weed out corruption and to check siphoning of public money, an official said, adding in 2013, the department has registered 285 cases in which 48 Class-I and 36 Class-II officers were involved.
Investigation of 365 criminal cases were successfully completed and charge sheets were filed in 347 cases against 620 public servants and others, the official said.
Among the important cases were the much hyped multi-crore illegal mining case involving the iron ore and manganese mines at Uliburu in Keonjhar district, he said.
In another case, the Sambalpur division of the vigilance department registered cases against officials of the Sundergarh District Central Cooperative Bank Limited (Mahila Branch), Rourkela on allegations of cheating the bank and misappropriation of funds.
Two such cases were also registered against officials of the State Cooperative Bank and Bijayananda Cooperative Sugar Mill, Bolangir on allegations of illegal sanction and disbursement of loans.
During the year, the official pointed out, as many as 174 cases were disposed off with conviction of 89 accused public servants and others in 83 cases.
Special efforts were made by the state vigilance department in confiscating disproportionate assets of corrupt public servants, the official said, adding the Vigilance Commercial Tax wing detected 366 cases for suppression of gross turnover of Rs 1423.57. Besides, Rs 12.84 crore have been collected during Field Enforcement Activities.
The Vigilance Forest Wing detected 127 cases for violation of the Forest Act, and forest produces and machineries worth of Rs 1,39,26,459 have been seized, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared