372 Odias rescued, 38 still missing in Uttarakhand
Bhubaneswar: With the rescue of three more persons from flood-ravaged Uttarakahnd, the number of people from Odisha who have so far returned safe from the Himalayan state increased to 372 even as 38 others are still missing, official sources said on Monday.
The state government had opened a control room at Resident Commissioner`s office in New Delhi and facilitated safe return of the pilgrims.
The state government extended financial assistance of Rs 5 crore to Uttarakhand in view of the devastation there, the sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India