372 Odias rescued, 38 still missing in Uttarakhand
Bhubaneswar: With the rescue of three more persons from flood-ravaged Uttarakahnd, the number of people from Odisha who have so far returned safe from the Himalayan state increased to 372 even as 38 others are still missing, official sources said on Monday.
The state government had opened a control room at Resident Commissioner`s office in New Delhi and facilitated safe return of the pilgrims.
The state government extended financial assistance of Rs 5 crore to Uttarakhand in view of the devastation there, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption