372 Odias rescued, 38 still missing in Uttarakhand
Bhubaneswar: With the rescue of three more persons from flood-ravaged Uttarakahnd, the number of people from Odisha who have so far returned safe from the Himalayan state increased to 372 even as 38 others are still missing, official sources said on Monday.
The state government had opened a control room at Resident Commissioner`s office in New Delhi and facilitated safe return of the pilgrims.
The state government extended financial assistance of Rs 5 crore to Uttarakhand in view of the devastation there, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Jharkhand Maoists torch 35 vehicles in 150 days; contractors panic
- Loyalty declaration on stamp paper a symbol of slavery: BJP
- Militants kill cop, snatch weapon from another in Kashmir
- Arms training: Bajrang Dal's Ayodhya chief Mahesh Mishra arrested over charges of inciting religious hatred
- Left, Congress call for people's movement against Trinamool 'terror'