372 Odias rescued, 38 still missing in Uttarakhand
Bhubaneswar: With the rescue of three more persons from flood-ravaged Uttarakahnd, the number of people from Odisha who have so far returned safe from the Himalayan state increased to 372 even as 38 others are still missing, official sources said on Monday.
The state government had opened a control room at Resident Commissioner`s office in New Delhi and facilitated safe return of the pilgrims.
The state government extended financial assistance of Rs 5 crore to Uttarakhand in view of the devastation there, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred