4 arrests in 2 dowry torture cases
Rourkela: Four persons were arrested from
two different families in two separate alleged dowry torture
cases in the steel city on Friday.
Police said one Sachidananda Swain had alleged that
his daughter Laxmipriya had gone missing from her in-law`s
house in Naya bazar area under plant site police limit of the
city on Monday.
Swain had filed a complaint alleging that his
daughter`s husband Sanjay Jena and her elder brother-in-law
Bijay Jena and mother-in-law Premalata were involved in the
disappearance of his daughter.
He alleged that his daughter was facing dowry torture
by her in-law`s family.
Police arrested Sanjay, his elder brother Bijay and
mother Premalata, police said.
In an another allegedly dowry torture case, one
Santosh Sahu was arrested after his wife Pankajini filed a
complaint of dowry torture.
Santosh of Balughat area under Raghunathpally police
limit had been allegedly demanding Rs 1 lakh more dowry from
his father-in-law as a result of which Pankajini along with
her one year old daughter was staying at her parents’ house.
Police forwarded all four accused to a local court
which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State executes 24 civilians after seizing Syria village
- WATCH: Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo party like rockstars on a yacht in Sydney
- Pakistan tightening noose around JuD fundraising?
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi's remarks irk Opposition which forces brief adjournment in Rajya Sabha