40 taken ill after inhaling toxic gas
Balasore (Odisha): At least 40 people
were taken ill after inhaling toxic gas leaked from a
pesticide plant at Maitapur in Simulia area of Odisha`s
Balasore district, the police said.
The incident occurred last night when some solid
chemical substances were being boiled to prepare ingredients
for manufacturing pesticides.
However, the gas generated in the process
accidentally leaked from a pipe. After inhaling the gas about
40 persons complained of chest pain, nausea and vomiting.
Three people were immediately admitted to the local
PHC while others were discharged after being administered
first aid, sources said.
Sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), Balasore Sadar,
Kailash Chandra Parida said: "The affected people who came in
contact with the toxic gas last night, were immediately
provided medical help and the situation now is normal."
Fire brigade from Bhadrak were pressed into service
after the incident was reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- WATCH: On this day in 1983, Kapil Dev's India were crowned world champion
- `Narasimha Rao used IB to keep an eye on Sonia Gandhi after Babri Masjid demolition`
- Iceland elects new president in vote eclipsed by Euros, Brexit
- We don't need people like Mukhtar Ansari in party: Akhilesh Yadav
- Talent is unstoppable! Alia Bhatt aspires for Hollywood