6 killed, 7 injured in Odisha mishaps
Keonjhar/Bolangir: Six people were killed and seven others critically injured in three separate road mishaps in different parts of Odisha on Sunday.
Three persons were killed and four others seriously hurt when a van collided with a truck on NH-6 at Thakurdihi in Keonjhar district this morning, police said.
Two of the deceased have been identified as Purna Chandra Ghana, a peon in Bayakumutiya grama panchayat and Hadibandhu Dehuri of Talakaipur, Officer in-Charge of Keopnjar police station Bharat Chandra Sahoo said.
The injured have been admitted to the district headquarters hospital at Keonjhar, he said.
In Bolangir district, two persons were killed and three others injured when an ambulance carrying a patient from Burla to Bolangir hit a tree at Dholushar village in the wee hours, police said.
While the patient died on the spot, the driver of the ambulance succumbed to injuries on way to hospital, they said adding the injured were admitted to a hospital at Bolangir.
Another road accident near Cuttack Road in Bhubaneswar claimed the life of one person, prompting angry residents to block Cuttack-Puri road for some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?