7 more Bangladeshi fishermen rescued from Odisha
Berhampur: Seven more fishermen from Bangladesh, who were in their defunct boat inside the deep sea, were rescued by the local fishermen of Podampeta in Odisha`s Ganjam district on Saturday.
While one of them was admitted at the hospital at Chhatrapur due to fever, the condition of other Bangladeshi nationals is good, said inspector in-charge marine police station Ashok Kumar Parida.
As many as ten fishermen from Bangladesh were rescued by the local fishermen from the deep sea yesterday.
The fishermen from Bangladesh were stuck inside the sea, when their boat developed a snag. The local fishermen from Podampeta detected them in trouble and were brought ashore. All of them stayed in the marine police station at Arjipalli, while administration provided foods, sources said.
"We have already taken up the matter with the home department and trying to send them back as soon as possible," said a senior officer.
District collector Krishan Kumar also spoke to rescued fishermen.
"We got rebirth, after being saved by Odia fishermen. They dared to rescue us even though the sea was rough due to stormy weather under the influence of depression," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan