7-yr old girl`s mutilated body found in Koraput, locals block road
Koraput (Odisha): Mutilated body of a seven-year-old tribal girl, missing since Saturday, was found at Mathalput in Koraput district of Odisha triggering tension in the area.
Villagers blocked the road near Mathalput, which leads to Damanjodi, for several hours after the body was found yesterday, demanding immediate arrest of the culprits and adequate compensation to the family of the Class I student, who was suspected to have been killed by some sorcerer.
Police said the girl went to play with her friends after returning from school on Saturday. Her family lodged a missing person complaint at Damanjodi police station on Sunday after failing to locate her.
"The girl`s tongue was slit and her body bore several burn scars, which indicate that she was killed by some sorcerer. We demand adequate compensation to the bereaved family," said one of the agitating villager.
"A team has been sent and we are probing from all angles. It could be a case of sorcery, but we can`t conclude anything at this stage," SDPO (Sunabeda) V R Rao said today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters