80 pilgrims rescued from U`khand: Odisha govt
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government Friday said 80 pilgrims from the state stranded in flood-hit Uttarakhand have been rescued and there was no information of any casualty.
"80 pilgrims trapped in various parts of Uttarakhand have been rescued and 54 of them are on their way back home," Home Secretary U N Behera told reporters here.
The government does not have information on any casualty of pilgrims from the state stranded in Uttarakhand, he said amidst reports that many more devotees from Odisha are still stuck at various areas in the hill state.
Behera said the state government have made arrangements for the pilgrims to reach Dehradun.
The state government has opened a control room at Odisha Bhawan in New Delhi to assist family members of the affected.
According to reports, around 40 pilgrims from Paralakhemundi area in Gajapati district, 20 from Ganjam, 10 from Bhubaneswar, 16 from Jatani and 10 of a family from Cuttack were stranded in Uttarakhand.
Nearly 25 pilgrims from Jatni in Khurda district and 8 from Rengali in Sambalpur were also stranded in the flood hit state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video