87 undertrial prisoners shifted to Rourkela jail
Rourkela: At least 87 undertrial prisoners
(UTPs) including a woman, allegedly involved in Maoist
activities, were today shifted to Rourkela Special Jail
from the sub-jail at Bonai in Orissa`s Sundargarh district,
official sources said.
All the 87 UTPs were in the jail after being arrested
in connection with CPI (Maoist) activities in the district.
Police said the shifting was made keeping in view the
security aspects of Maoists cadre UTPs in a sub-jail at
Bonai, which is considered vulnerable to Naxal threat.
Since Bonai is close to Maoist-infested areas of
Jharkhand, continued lodging of the undertrials in the
sub-jail there was not considered safe, they said. PTI SCP SP
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city