87 undertrial prisoners shifted to Rourkela jail
Rourkela: At least 87 undertrial prisoners
(UTPs) including a woman, allegedly involved in Maoist
activities, were today shifted to Rourkela Special Jail
from the sub-jail at Bonai in Orissa`s Sundargarh district,
official sources said.
All the 87 UTPs were in the jail after being arrested
in connection with CPI (Maoist) activities in the district.
Police said the shifting was made keeping in view the
security aspects of Maoists cadre UTPs in a sub-jail at
Bonai, which is considered vulnerable to Naxal threat.
Since Bonai is close to Maoist-infested areas of
Jharkhand, continued lodging of the undertrials in the
sub-jail there was not considered safe, they said. PTI SCP SP
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley