87 undertrial prisoners shifted to Rourkela jail
Rourkela: At least 87 undertrial prisoners
(UTPs) including a woman, allegedly involved in Maoist
activities, were today shifted to Rourkela Special Jail
from the sub-jail at Bonai in Orissa`s Sundargarh district,
official sources said.
All the 87 UTPs were in the jail after being arrested
in connection with CPI (Maoist) activities in the district.
Police said the shifting was made keeping in view the
security aspects of Maoists cadre UTPs in a sub-jail at
Bonai, which is considered vulnerable to Naxal threat.
Since Bonai is close to Maoist-infested areas of
Jharkhand, continued lodging of the undertrials in the
sub-jail there was not considered safe, they said. PTI SCP SP
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you