Abandoned baby girl gets new parents in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): A baby girl, abandoned by her mother, was adopted on Monday by a childless couple from Odisha`s Malkangiri district.
The infant was handed over after completion of all formalities to the couple, Bijay Kumar Dora and Sontoshi Dora, who were chosen from among five couples who had offered to adopt the girl, District Social Welfare Officer of Malkangiri, Pravasini Nayak said.
After giving birth, the mother had abandoned the baby beside a nullah near Ambaguda under Mathili police station on January 6, Nayak said.
The baby was rescued by a villager who saw her crying and she was initially admitted to a government hospital at Mathili and then brought to the district headquarters hospital here as her health was not good, she said.
After the infant`s condition improved, the district administration had sought applications for her adoption.
The baby girl would stay at Malkangiri for the next three months, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack