Abducted ARSS CMD rescued from AP, 7 arrested
Bhubaneswar: Chairman of a leading construction company ARSS Infra Project Ltd, who was abducted from an Odisha guest house last night was rescued from Visakhapatnam on Saturday, police said.
Subhas Agarwal and his brother were abducted at gun point by miscreants from a guest house in Kolathia at 11 pm yesterday.
"So far we have arrested seven persons in connection to the case. While four persons were arrested in Ganjam district, three others have been nabbed from Andhra," Singh said.
Agarwal was rescued from Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh today, deputy commissioner of police (DCP) Nitinjit Singh said.
"They manhandled me inside the car and demanded money in exchange of my freedom," Agarwal told reporters after being rescued.
Police suspect that a dispute over payment with a sub-contractor could be the motive behind the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack