Abducted ARSS CMD rescued from AP, 7 arrested
Bhubaneswar: Chairman of a leading construction company ARSS Infra Project Ltd, who was abducted from an Odisha guest house last night was rescued from Visakhapatnam on Saturday, police said.
Subhas Agarwal and his brother were abducted at gun point by miscreants from a guest house in Kolathia at 11 pm yesterday.
"So far we have arrested seven persons in connection to the case. While four persons were arrested in Ganjam district, three others have been nabbed from Andhra," Singh said.
Agarwal was rescued from Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh today, deputy commissioner of police (DCP) Nitinjit Singh said.
"They manhandled me inside the car and demanded money in exchange of my freedom," Agarwal told reporters after being rescued.
Police suspect that a dispute over payment with a sub-contractor could be the motive behind the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama