Abducted ARSS CMD rescued from AP, 7 arrested
Bhubaneswar: Chairman of a leading construction company ARSS Infra Project Ltd, who was abducted from an Odisha guest house last night was rescued from Visakhapatnam on Saturday, police said.
Subhas Agarwal and his brother were abducted at gun point by miscreants from a guest house in Kolathia at 11 pm yesterday.
"So far we have arrested seven persons in connection to the case. While four persons were arrested in Ganjam district, three others have been nabbed from Andhra," Singh said.
Agarwal was rescued from Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh today, deputy commissioner of police (DCP) Nitinjit Singh said.
"They manhandled me inside the car and demanded money in exchange of my freedom," Agarwal told reporters after being rescued.
Police suspect that a dispute over payment with a sub-contractor could be the motive behind the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details