Abducted ARSS CMD rescued from AP, 7 arrested
Bhubaneswar: Chairman of a leading construction company ARSS Infra Project Ltd, who was abducted from an Odisha guest house last night was rescued from Visakhapatnam on Saturday, police said.
Subhas Agarwal and his brother were abducted at gun point by miscreants from a guest house in Kolathia at 11 pm yesterday.
"So far we have arrested seven persons in connection to the case. While four persons were arrested in Ganjam district, three others have been nabbed from Andhra," Singh said.
Agarwal was rescued from Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh today, deputy commissioner of police (DCP) Nitinjit Singh said.
"They manhandled me inside the car and demanded money in exchange of my freedom," Agarwal told reporters after being rescued.
Police suspect that a dispute over payment with a sub-contractor could be the motive behind the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened