Abducted ARSS CMD rescued from AP, 7 arrested
Bhubaneswar: Chairman of a leading construction company ARSS Infra Project Ltd, who was abducted from an Odisha guest house last night was rescued from Visakhapatnam on Saturday, police said.
Subhas Agarwal and his brother were abducted at gun point by miscreants from a guest house in Kolathia at 11 pm yesterday.
"So far we have arrested seven persons in connection to the case. While four persons were arrested in Ganjam district, three others have been nabbed from Andhra," Singh said.
Agarwal was rescued from Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh today, deputy commissioner of police (DCP) Nitinjit Singh said.
"They manhandled me inside the car and demanded money in exchange of my freedom," Agarwal told reporters after being rescued.
Police suspect that a dispute over payment with a sub-contractor could be the motive behind the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read