Abducted Odisha college student rescued
Berhampur: Three days after his abduction by miscreants for ransom, a student of Khallikote Autonomous College in Odisha was rescued unharmed on Sunday from Tamana jungle near here.
"Three motorcycle-borne persons left the abducted student in the jungles and fled away taking advantage of heavy rains", said Balugaon sub-divisional police officer P K Routray.
The accused involved in the incident were, however, yet to be arrested, the police officer said.
The final year BBA student was kidnapped by miscreants from Salia Dam in Banapur police limit on Thursday afternoon at gunpoint and the abductors demanded a ransom of Rs 10 lakh from his builder father to release him.
The student of Martha Street here was going to Salia Dam along with his three friends when the incident took place. After his release the police interrogated him to know about the abductors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued