Abducted Odisha college student rescued
Berhampur: Three days after his abduction by miscreants for ransom, a student of Khallikote Autonomous College in Odisha was rescued unharmed on Sunday from Tamana jungle near here.
"Three motorcycle-borne persons left the abducted student in the jungles and fled away taking advantage of heavy rains", said Balugaon sub-divisional police officer P K Routray.
The accused involved in the incident were, however, yet to be arrested, the police officer said.
The final year BBA student was kidnapped by miscreants from Salia Dam in Banapur police limit on Thursday afternoon at gunpoint and the abductors demanded a ransom of Rs 10 lakh from his builder father to release him.
The student of Martha Street here was going to Salia Dam along with his three friends when the incident took place. After his release the police interrogated him to know about the abductors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16