Abducted Odisha college student rescued
Berhampur: Three days after his abduction by miscreants for ransom, a student of Khallikote Autonomous College in Odisha was rescued unharmed on Sunday from Tamana jungle near here.
"Three motorcycle-borne persons left the abducted student in the jungles and fled away taking advantage of heavy rains", said Balugaon sub-divisional police officer P K Routray.
The accused involved in the incident were, however, yet to be arrested, the police officer said.
The final year BBA student was kidnapped by miscreants from Salia Dam in Banapur police limit on Thursday afternoon at gunpoint and the abductors demanded a ransom of Rs 10 lakh from his builder father to release him.
The student of Martha Street here was going to Salia Dam along with his three friends when the incident took place. After his release the police interrogated him to know about the abductors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Afzal guru row: JNU sends varsity probe report to Delhi Police
- Hardik Patel's PAAS rejects Gujarat govt's EBC quota scheme
- Gunmen kill five in Burundi bar attack: Police
- With Nitish, Mulayam, Rahul in 'PM race', anti-BJP bloc divided over Modi's replacement