Accused in Dara Singh encounter case found dead
Jaipur: An accused in the Dara Singh alleged fake encounter case was on Thursday found dead in Churu district of Rajasthan.
"Prima facie, the man was shot dead. His body was recovered today near Bukhari village located near Churu-Sikar border," SP, Churu, Omprakash said.
"His family has identified him as Vijay Chaudhary who was involved in Dara Singh killing case but we are verifying his identity," he said.
The SP said that CBI, the investigating agency of the case, was being informed by the district police so that his identity could be confirmed.
Vijay Kumar, who was involved in liquor business, was absconding and wanted by the CBI in the alleged fake encounter of 2006 in which few police officers, including two IPS officers A Ponnuchamy and A K Jain have been arrested.
The CBI also arrested senior BJP politician and MLA Rajendra Rathore in April this year but the lower court discharged him.
However, the widow of Dara Singh, a liquor smuggler who was killed in a police encounter in 2006 near here by SOG Rajasthan, approached the high court following which the court directed Rathore to surrender before the CBI but he has got relief from the apex court which has stayed the high court order earlier this month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata