Acquittal in Kandhamal riots case
Phulbani: A total of 156 persons were acquitted by two Fast Track Courts here in three separate verdicts in connection with the Kandhamal riots of 2007 and 2008 in the communally sensitive district of Odisha.
Additonal Sessions Judge SK Das of Fast Track Court-I acquitted 14 accused persons in a house burning incident at village Dakedi under G udayagiri Police station in September 2008, due to lack of proper evidences.
BN Mishra Additonal Sessions Judge of Fast Court-II acquitted all the 142 persons arrested by the Brahmunigam police in two cases of torching houses during the violence in 2007, due to lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town