Acquittal in Kandhamal riots case
Phulbani: A total of 156 persons were acquitted by two Fast Track Courts here in three separate verdicts in connection with the Kandhamal riots of 2007 and 2008 in the communally sensitive district of Odisha.
Additonal Sessions Judge SK Das of Fast Track Court-I acquitted 14 accused persons in a house burning incident at village Dakedi under G udayagiri Police station in September 2008, due to lack of proper evidences.
BN Mishra Additonal Sessions Judge of Fast Court-II acquitted all the 142 persons arrested by the Brahmunigam police in two cases of torching houses during the violence in 2007, due to lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- Srinagar-Muzaffarbad bus service to resume tomorrow
- Congress to raise Kandhamal killings in Parliament