Acquittal in Kandhamal riots case
Phulbani: A total of 156 persons were acquitted by two Fast Track Courts here in three separate verdicts in connection with the Kandhamal riots of 2007 and 2008 in the communally sensitive district of Odisha.
Additonal Sessions Judge SK Das of Fast Track Court-I acquitted 14 accused persons in a house burning incident at village Dakedi under G udayagiri Police station in September 2008, due to lack of proper evidences.
BN Mishra Additonal Sessions Judge of Fast Court-II acquitted all the 142 persons arrested by the Brahmunigam police in two cases of torching houses during the violence in 2007, due to lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa