Acquittal in Kandhamal riots case
Phulbani: A total of 156 persons were acquitted by two Fast Track Courts here in three separate verdicts in connection with the Kandhamal riots of 2007 and 2008 in the communally sensitive district of Odisha.
Additonal Sessions Judge SK Das of Fast Track Court-I acquitted 14 accused persons in a house burning incident at village Dakedi under G udayagiri Police station in September 2008, due to lack of proper evidences.
BN Mishra Additonal Sessions Judge of Fast Court-II acquitted all the 142 persons arrested by the Brahmunigam police in two cases of torching houses during the violence in 2007, due to lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Cases against Baloch leaders-in-exile highlight Pakistan's frustration: BJP
- BSP leader Brajesh Pathak joins BJP
- Piaggio launches Aprilia SR 150 in India priced at Rs 65,000
- Family of killed Dalit youths, who died in 2012 Gujarat police firing, demand CBI probe
- Won't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena