Action against 7 teachers recommended in Odisha
Berhampur: Regional Directorate of Education, Berhampur, in Odisha has recommended action against seven teachers of Science College, Ganjam.
They were allegedly not present during a recent inspection by the regional director.
"We have asked the college principal to place the matter before the management committee and take action against the errant teachers," said regional director PK Tripathy.
Teachers of all colleges in the district have been asked to do at least five-hour duty. "The principals have been asked to follow the order strictly," he said.
Tripathy said surprise checks on colleges would be conducted in the coming days and teachers found flouting the order would be punished.
"Not only teaching, preparations for inviting National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) were affected due to teachers` absence," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department