Action against 7 teachers recommended in Odisha
Berhampur: Regional Directorate of Education, Berhampur, in Odisha has recommended action against seven teachers of Science College, Ganjam.
They were allegedly not present during a recent inspection by the regional director.
"We have asked the college principal to place the matter before the management committee and take action against the errant teachers," said regional director PK Tripathy.
Teachers of all colleges in the district have been asked to do at least five-hour duty. "The principals have been asked to follow the order strictly," he said.
Tripathy said surprise checks on colleges would be conducted in the coming days and teachers found flouting the order would be punished.
"Not only teaching, preparations for inviting National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) were affected due to teachers` absence," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read