Action against 7 teachers recommended in Odisha
Berhampur: Regional Directorate of Education, Berhampur, in Odisha has recommended action against seven teachers of Science College, Ganjam.
They were allegedly not present during a recent inspection by the regional director.
"We have asked the college principal to place the matter before the management committee and take action against the errant teachers," said regional director PK Tripathy.
Teachers of all colleges in the district have been asked to do at least five-hour duty. "The principals have been asked to follow the order strictly," he said.
Tripathy said surprise checks on colleges would be conducted in the coming days and teachers found flouting the order would be punished.
"Not only teaching, preparations for inviting National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) were affected due to teachers` absence," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown