Action against 7 teachers recommended in Odisha
Berhampur: Regional Directorate of Education, Berhampur, in Odisha has recommended action against seven teachers of Science College, Ganjam.
They were allegedly not present during a recent inspection by the regional director.
"We have asked the college principal to place the matter before the management committee and take action against the errant teachers," said regional director PK Tripathy.
Teachers of all colleges in the district have been asked to do at least five-hour duty. "The principals have been asked to follow the order strictly," he said.
Tripathy said surprise checks on colleges would be conducted in the coming days and teachers found flouting the order would be punished.
"Not only teaching, preparations for inviting National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) were affected due to teachers` absence," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming