Action against those responsible for Sep 6 clash: Naveen
Bhubaneswar: Without naming Congress leader Jagdish Tytler whose arrest has been demanded by the ruling BJD for the September 6 clash here, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday said action would be taken against those responsible.
"As far as the incidents of September 6 are concerned, action will be taken as per the provisions of law against those responsible," Patnaik told reporters in reply to a question.
Tytler, the AICC in-charge, arrived here last night and shared a dais with union minister V Narayansami at a press conference during the day.
Tytler refused to comment on the issue. "I am in politics for 40 years. Do not provoke me to say anything. I will hold a press meet soon."
Tytler is among others against whom the police have registered cases under several sections of the IPC for the clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!