Action against those responsible for Sep 6 clash: Naveen
Bhubaneswar: Without naming Congress leader Jagdish Tytler whose arrest has been demanded by the ruling BJD for the September 6 clash here, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday said action would be taken against those responsible.
"As far as the incidents of September 6 are concerned, action will be taken as per the provisions of law against those responsible," Patnaik told reporters in reply to a question.
Tytler, the AICC in-charge, arrived here last night and shared a dais with union minister V Narayansami at a press conference during the day.
Tytler refused to comment on the issue. "I am in politics for 40 years. Do not provoke me to say anything. I will hold a press meet soon."
Tytler is among others against whom the police have registered cases under several sections of the IPC for the clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video