Action against those responsible for Sep 6 clash: Naveen
Bhubaneswar: Without naming Congress leader Jagdish Tytler whose arrest has been demanded by the ruling BJD for the September 6 clash here, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday said action would be taken against those responsible.
"As far as the incidents of September 6 are concerned, action will be taken as per the provisions of law against those responsible," Patnaik told reporters in reply to a question.
Tytler, the AICC in-charge, arrived here last night and shared a dais with union minister V Narayansami at a press conference during the day.
Tytler refused to comment on the issue. "I am in politics for 40 years. Do not provoke me to say anything. I will hold a press meet soon."
Tytler is among others against whom the police have registered cases under several sections of the IPC for the clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them