Additional houses for vulnerable Odisha tribals sanctioned
Bhubaneswar: The central government has sanctioned 7,465 additional houses for the vulnerable tribal groups in Odisha`s impoverished Nuapada and Rayagada districts, official sources said on Thursday.
In a letter to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said his ministry had released Rs 20.99 crore over and above the Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY) allocation as the first instalment for constructing the houses.
In his July 24 letter, a copy of which is in the possession of a news agency, the minister said, "The total allocation under the Indira Awaas Yojana for Odisha in 2013-14 is 128,057 houses..."
Ramesh, in his letter, said the state government had on July 11 requested for the additional houses for Chakotia Bhunjia and Dongria Kandha families in the Sunabeda reserve forest area of Nuapada district and Bissamcuttack, Kalayansinghpur and Muniguda blocks of Rayagada district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley