Agitation against fuel price hike in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Protesting the fuel hike move by the Centre, ruling BJD MLAs on Saturday staged a dharna inside the state Assembly premises while left parties and others demonstrated on roads demanding immediate roll back.
The issue was raised by the government deputy whip Sanjay Dasburma during the Zero Hour in Assembly which sought Speaker Pradip Kumar Amait`s permission of introducing a censure motion against the UPA government.
The ruling party MLAs later staged dharna in front of the Mahatma Gandhi statue after Amait refused to accept the proposal. "We came down to Gandhi statue after the Speaker did not allow the censure motion," Dasburma said.
The agitating BJD MLAs shouted anti-Congress slogans in the House and pointed out that the UPA government has raised fuel price 19 times in a span of only three years.
The ruling party`s youth wing, CPI, CPI(M) and others also demonstrated at Mahatma Gandhi Marg opposing the fuel price hike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees