Agitation against fuel price hike in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Protesting the fuel hike move by the Centre, ruling BJD MLAs on Saturday staged a dharna inside the state Assembly premises while left parties and others demonstrated on roads demanding immediate roll back.
The issue was raised by the government deputy whip Sanjay Dasburma during the Zero Hour in Assembly which sought Speaker Pradip Kumar Amait`s permission of introducing a censure motion against the UPA government.
The ruling party MLAs later staged dharna in front of the Mahatma Gandhi statue after Amait refused to accept the proposal. "We came down to Gandhi statue after the Speaker did not allow the censure motion," Dasburma said.
The agitating BJD MLAs shouted anti-Congress slogans in the House and pointed out that the UPA government has raised fuel price 19 times in a span of only three years.
The ruling party`s youth wing, CPI, CPI(M) and others also demonstrated at Mahatma Gandhi Marg opposing the fuel price hike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog