Agnivesh, Basudev Acharya, to visit Posco site
Bhubaneswar: With the Orissa government to resume land acquisition for Posco`s mega steel project in Jagatsinghpur district, a host of civil rights activists and
politicians planned to join protesters at the site from Saturday.
Swami Agnivesh, who addressed an anti-Posco meeting here and will visit the spot, Dhinkia, on the morrow said "It is illegal to hand over fertile land to a multinational
company like Posco.
"The state and central governments have no right to destroy a well developed agrarian economy in the name of establishing the country`s biggest FDI," he said.
CPI(M)`s leader in the Lok Sabha Basudev Acharia would visit Dhinkia on June 21 to express his party`s solidarity with the agitating people, CPI(M) state secretary Janardan Pati said.
A host of Gandhian leaders and environmentalist
Bandana Shiva were also scheduled to visit on June 20, besides
CPI veteran Gurudas Dasgupta a day later, Posco Pratirodh
Sangram Samiti spokesman Prashant Paikra said, adding a BJP
team would visit on Sunday.
Orissa Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) president
Niranjan Patnaik was scheduled to visit on June 22. "This will
be first visit of any PCC chief to Dhinkia area," Paikray
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest