Agnivesh, Basudev Acharya, to visit Posco site
Bhubaneswar: With the Orissa government to resume land acquisition for Posco`s mega steel project in Jagatsinghpur district, a host of civil rights activists and
politicians planned to join protesters at the site from Saturday.
Swami Agnivesh, who addressed an anti-Posco meeting here and will visit the spot, Dhinkia, on the morrow said "It is illegal to hand over fertile land to a multinational
company like Posco.
"The state and central governments have no right to destroy a well developed agrarian economy in the name of establishing the country`s biggest FDI," he said.
CPI(M)`s leader in the Lok Sabha Basudev Acharia would visit Dhinkia on June 21 to express his party`s solidarity with the agitating people, CPI(M) state secretary Janardan Pati said.
A host of Gandhian leaders and environmentalist
Bandana Shiva were also scheduled to visit on June 20, besides
CPI veteran Gurudas Dasgupta a day later, Posco Pratirodh
Sangram Samiti spokesman Prashant Paikra said, adding a BJP
team would visit on Sunday.
Orissa Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) president
Niranjan Patnaik was scheduled to visit on June 22. "This will
be first visit of any PCC chief to Dhinkia area," Paikray
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi