Aide of top Maoist leader surrender
Berhampur: A Maoist, described as a close associate of top rebel leader Sabyasachi Panda, surrendered to the police at Chhatrapur in Odisha`s Ganjam district on Thursday.
Toffan Sahu (19) alias Akash alias Bangara of Gangapur village under Baragada police station decided to quit as there was conflict between the Odia and non-Odia cadres over leadership," Ganjam Superintendent of Police Rajesh Pandit said.
Toffan, who acted as a courier supplying rations and boxes for making tiffin-bombs in the last two years, felt that Maoists from Chhattisgarh dominated the rebel outfit, Pandit said.
The Maoist told the police that many others like him were willing to leave because of the exploitation by the non-Odia cadres.
Toffan, who had joined the Maoists in 2009, provided several names of members of `Ghumusara division`, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department