Aide of top Maoist leader surrender
Berhampur: A Maoist, described as a close associate of top rebel leader Sabyasachi Panda, surrendered to the police at Chhatrapur in Odisha`s Ganjam district on Thursday.
Toffan Sahu (19) alias Akash alias Bangara of Gangapur village under Baragada police station decided to quit as there was conflict between the Odia and non-Odia cadres over leadership," Ganjam Superintendent of Police Rajesh Pandit said.
Toffan, who acted as a courier supplying rations and boxes for making tiffin-bombs in the last two years, felt that Maoists from Chhattisgarh dominated the rebel outfit, Pandit said.
The Maoist told the police that many others like him were willing to leave because of the exploitation by the non-Odia cadres.
Toffan, who had joined the Maoists in 2009, provided several names of members of `Ghumusara division`, the SP said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India