Aide of top Maoist leader surrender
Berhampur: A Maoist, described as a close associate of top rebel leader Sabyasachi Panda, surrendered to the police at Chhatrapur in Odisha`s Ganjam district on Thursday.
Toffan Sahu (19) alias Akash alias Bangara of Gangapur village under Baragada police station decided to quit as there was conflict between the Odia and non-Odia cadres over leadership," Ganjam Superintendent of Police Rajesh Pandit said.
Toffan, who acted as a courier supplying rations and boxes for making tiffin-bombs in the last two years, felt that Maoists from Chhattisgarh dominated the rebel outfit, Pandit said.
The Maoist told the police that many others like him were willing to leave because of the exploitation by the non-Odia cadres.
Toffan, who had joined the Maoists in 2009, provided several names of members of `Ghumusara division`, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in BMC, but BJP gains lead in Pune