AIIMS doctor deposes before Pipili probe panel
Cuttack: Sticking to the earlier stand of visiting AIIMS team which examined the Pipili victim in January 2012, an additional professor of the premier hospital on Thursday told Justice P K Mohanty Commission that no advance medical technology is available to give an opinion whether the victim was raped after two months of the incident.
Additional Professor of FMT department of Delhi AIIMS Sanjiv Lalwani today deposed before Justice P K Mohanty Commission of Enquiry which is probing into the sensational Pipili gang rape and murder case of 2011-12.
A four-member team of doctors from New Delhi had examined the girl in Cuttack hospital on January 29, 2012, two months after she was allegedly gang raped in her native village in Pipili on November 28, 2011.
Subsequently, the state crime branch police filed a charge sheet in the case expressing inability to substantiate the allegation of rape mainly because the victim was unable to give any statement because she had slipped into coma ever since she was allegedly gang raped. Remaining in that state, the victim died in June 2012.
Lalwani, however, categorically told the Commission that the anti venom serum that was injected to the victim at Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar, where she was initially taken for treatment, may not be the reason for pushing the victim to comatose state.
The Commission would hold its next sitting on September 27 and has directed SCB medical College and Hospital authorities here to submit the medico-legal case (MLC) dispatch register of the hospital, which would be vetted to look into the allegations levelled against Mangalabag police, under whose jurisdiction the Hospital comes.
Meanwhile, in a reply to the Commission on the day, the State Government informed that it has no objection if the Commission obtains the call detail records (CDRs) of the former police inspector of Pipili PS Amulya Kumar Champatiray from the telephone service provider.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145