Alert in Orissa after test confirms bird flu
Bhubaneswar: Odisha has alerted all its district authorities in view of the detection of a bird flu case in the state, an official said Monday.
"The government sent samples of around 300 birds, mostly crows and poultry, to the High Security Animal Disease Laboratory in Bhopal, during last fortnight after hundreds of crows died in some parts of the state," Satyabrata Sahu, secretary of the fishery and animal resources department, told reporters.
"The laboratory informed us on Sunday that a poultry bird was found positive for bird flu," he said, adding the bird which was found positive for HSN1 virus belonged to Keranga area of Khordha district.
We have asked the Khordha district administration to monitor health of all the birds, he said. The movement of birds from the affected area has also been stopped, he said.
The government has also asked the collectors of all 30 districts to remain alert and draw samples from birds that have flu-like symptoms.
Besides, officials at the world famous Chilika Lake and Bhitarkanika wildlife sanctuary have been told to keep watch on the migratory birds. Both the places are home to lakhs of winter migratory birds.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living