Anna Hazare to embark on Odisha tour
Bhubaneswar: Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare is schduled to embark upon his three-day maiden visit to Odisha from tomorrow.
Hazare, who had demanded for a strong Jan Lokpal bill, would be accorded a warm welcome by social workers, voluntary organisations, intellectuals and youths on his arrival here tomorrow afternoon.
"The visit is significant as Anna Hazare is coming to Odisha for the first time. It will strengthen the anti- corruption movement in the state," said Akshyay Kumar, member of the National Coordination Committee of India Against Corruption (IAC).
Soon after arrival here, Hazare would be taken in a massive motor-cycle rally through the main streets of the state capital, he said.
Besides addressing the volunteers of IAC, the Gandhian leader would interact with students of a private engineering college in the state capital tomorrow evening, he said.
On the second day of his Odisha visit, Hazare would join a farmers` meet at Jagatsinghpur on November 30 aimed at intensifying the struggle for peasants` rights over water, land and forest, Kumar said.
Before winding up his visit on December 1, Hazare is slated to interact with students of different schools, volunteers and distinguished citizens here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured