Another girl molested in Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: In less than a week of the gang-rape of a 19-year-old dancer in the state capital here, another girl was molested in a running auto-rickshaw and was injured after she was thrown out.
The incident took place late on Sunday night when the girl in her early 20s was going to Master Canteen area from Barmunda Bus terminal after returning here from her village home in Kendrapara district, police said.
"It is a case of molestation and not rape as is being alleged by some," Deputy Commissioner of Police Nitinjit Singh told reporters.
Narrating her ordeal from a hospital bed, the victim from Patkura area in Kendrapara district said "I boarded the auto at Barmunda bus stand to go to Master Canteen area last night.
"Two youths, who boarded the same auto, misbehaved with me and offered money. When I refused to accept it and raised an alarm they threw me out of the running auto. They were drunk."
The girl was rescued by a police control room van and taken to Capital Hospital.
She suffered injuries in the leg, hand and head, doctors attending on her said.
The sources said the victim was taken by police for verifying the spot where the incident took place.
Members of women`s organisations, SUCI, DSO and others demonstrated on the Mahatma Gandhi Marg here demanding punishment for the culprits.
Kendrapara MP Baijayant Panda also condemned the incident.
The incident followed the gang-rape of a 19-year-old dancer girl on Wednesday night.
Though the police have arrested four of the five accused allegedly involved, the fifth was still at large.
Just a day earlier to it a married women was gang-raped in Keonjhar district.
A schoolgirl in Lingaraj Police Station area was also forcibly taken away by an auto-driver on Saturday, but she was subsequently rescued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack