Another TI parade held in Kandhamal nun rape case
Cuttack: A test identification (TI) parade was conducted at the Choudwar jail here in conenction with the nun rape case during Kandhamal riot in 2008.
Two persons arrested recently by Crime Branch police were lined up along with 20 `dummies` in the jail premises in two rows yesterday and the nun was asked to identify the accused.
The dummies were inmates of Choudwar jail having almost similar status and physique as that of the accused.
Asked whether the nun could identify any of the accused during the TI, Deputy Superintendent of Police Dillip Mohanty, the investigating officer in the case, refused to confirm anything simply saying that he was yet to receive any instructions from the magistrate who conducted the TI parade.
The nun had earlier failed to identify three accused persons in two previous TI parades.
The nun was allegedly assaulted and raped under a staircase of Baliguda-based Jana Vikash Kendra on August 25, 2008 under K Nuagaon police station of Kandhamal district during the communal riots which unleashed after the murder of VHP leader Laxmanananda Saraswati and four of his disciples.
The TI parades and the trial of the case are now being held in Cuttack following orders from Orissa High Court which had allowed the pleas of the victim as she was feeling unsafe to go to strife-torn Kandhamal district to face the trial and participate in the TI parade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!