Another TI parade held in Kandhamal nun rape case
Cuttack: A test identification (TI) parade was conducted at the Choudwar jail here in conenction with the nun rape case during Kandhamal riot in 2008.
Two persons arrested recently by Crime Branch police were lined up along with 20 `dummies` in the jail premises in two rows yesterday and the nun was asked to identify the accused.
The dummies were inmates of Choudwar jail having almost similar status and physique as that of the accused.
Asked whether the nun could identify any of the accused during the TI, Deputy Superintendent of Police Dillip Mohanty, the investigating officer in the case, refused to confirm anything simply saying that he was yet to receive any instructions from the magistrate who conducted the TI parade.
The nun had earlier failed to identify three accused persons in two previous TI parades.
The nun was allegedly assaulted and raped under a staircase of Baliguda-based Jana Vikash Kendra on August 25, 2008 under K Nuagaon police station of Kandhamal district during the communal riots which unleashed after the murder of VHP leader Laxmanananda Saraswati and four of his disciples.
The TI parades and the trial of the case are now being held in Cuttack following orders from Orissa High Court which had allowed the pleas of the victim as she was feeling unsafe to go to strife-torn Kandhamal district to face the trial and participate in the TI parade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Erdogan says EU `biased and prejudiced` towards Turkey after coup bid
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader appeals sentence
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures