Anti-Maoist operation continues in Saranda forest
Jamshedpur: Four persons were today detained
as fresh contingents of security forces took on Maoists in the
anti-Naxal operations inside Saranda forest in West Singhbhum
district where landmines and other explosives were seized.
"Fresh securitymen were inducted to give rest to the
personnel fighting for the past four days," DIG (Kolhan
range), Navin Kumar Singh, said.
Superintendent of Police, A K Singh said the ultras had
triggered 19 landmines blast since Saturday, including eight
times when security personnel were carrying the body of a
Maoist killed in Tiriposhi jungle during the operation.
Three security personnel including two state armed
policemen and about a dozen ultras were killed in the
The Maoists escaped with the INSAS rifle of a CoBRA
personnel Jaipal Singh who was killed in the exchange of fire,
The DIG (Kolhan) said three improvised explosive devices
(IEDs) were recovered at Digha and Karampada while a number of
persons had been detained and were being interrogated.
The detained, who have have been identified as Suresh
Gudia, Suma Tarkal, Kujri Gagrai and Dargana Bodra, have
provided vital information during interrogation, he said.
Police sources said that the Maoists fired at police in
six places since Saturday.
The operations led to the seizure of 11 landmines and a
claymore bomb weighing between 20 to 35 kg while six training
camps of the ultras were demolished. The landmines were
defused in the jungle.
Four bombs, seven packets of explosives, wires,
flashlights, Naxal literature and uniforms were also seized.
Security forces destroyed tents, generator sets, clothes,
utensils and carpets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues