Aparajita, Prasad, Subhshree, Soumya file nomination
Bhubaneswar: Prominent Oriya actress Aparajita Mohanty,Subhashree Panda, AOP founder President Soumya Ranjan Patnaik and Congress chief whip Prasad Harichandan were among over 56 candidates who filed nomination papers for the second phase of polls for 11 Lok Sabha and 77 Assembly segments in Odisha.
While Mohanty, accompanied by her actor son Babusan filed her nomination for Cuttack constituency, Panda who recently joined Ama Odisha Party filed her papers for Ranpur Assembly segment in Nayagarh district.
Ranjan Patnaik, who is also son-in-law of Assam Governor JB Patnaik and Prasad Harichandan filed their nominations for the Khandapada Assembly segment in Nayagarh district and Satyabadi Assembly segment in Puri district respectively.
BJD candidate Rita Tarai filed her papers for Jajpur Lok Sabha seat and Congress`s Puri Lok Sabha nominee Sucharita Mohanty also filed her nomination papers.
Of about 56 candidates who filed nomination papers during the day, 48 persons filed nomination for 32 Assembly segments while eight candidates filed their papers in five Lok Sabha seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan