Aparajita, Prasad, Subhshree, Soumya file nomination
Bhubaneswar: Prominent Oriya actress Aparajita Mohanty,Subhashree Panda, AOP founder President Soumya Ranjan Patnaik and Congress chief whip Prasad Harichandan were among over 56 candidates who filed nomination papers for the second phase of polls for 11 Lok Sabha and 77 Assembly segments in Odisha.
While Mohanty, accompanied by her actor son Babusan filed her nomination for Cuttack constituency, Panda who recently joined Ama Odisha Party filed her papers for Ranpur Assembly segment in Nayagarh district.
Ranjan Patnaik, who is also son-in-law of Assam Governor JB Patnaik and Prasad Harichandan filed their nominations for the Khandapada Assembly segment in Nayagarh district and Satyabadi Assembly segment in Puri district respectively.
BJD candidate Rita Tarai filed her papers for Jajpur Lok Sabha seat and Congress`s Puri Lok Sabha nominee Sucharita Mohanty also filed her nomination papers.
Of about 56 candidates who filed nomination papers during the day, 48 persons filed nomination for 32 Assembly segments while eight candidates filed their papers in five Lok Sabha seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!