Aparajita, Prasad, Subhshree, Soumya file nomination
Bhubaneswar: Prominent Oriya actress Aparajita Mohanty,Subhashree Panda, AOP founder President Soumya Ranjan Patnaik and Congress chief whip Prasad Harichandan were among over 56 candidates who filed nomination papers for the second phase of polls for 11 Lok Sabha and 77 Assembly segments in Odisha.
While Mohanty, accompanied by her actor son Babusan filed her nomination for Cuttack constituency, Panda who recently joined Ama Odisha Party filed her papers for Ranpur Assembly segment in Nayagarh district.
Ranjan Patnaik, who is also son-in-law of Assam Governor JB Patnaik and Prasad Harichandan filed their nominations for the Khandapada Assembly segment in Nayagarh district and Satyabadi Assembly segment in Puri district respectively.
BJD candidate Rita Tarai filed her papers for Jajpur Lok Sabha seat and Congress`s Puri Lok Sabha nominee Sucharita Mohanty also filed her nomination papers.
Of about 56 candidates who filed nomination papers during the day, 48 persons filed nomination for 32 Assembly segments while eight candidates filed their papers in five Lok Sabha seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon