Aparajita, Prasad, Subhshree, Soumya file nomination
Bhubaneswar: Prominent Oriya actress Aparajita Mohanty,Subhashree Panda, AOP founder President Soumya Ranjan Patnaik and Congress chief whip Prasad Harichandan were among over 56 candidates who filed nomination papers for the second phase of polls for 11 Lok Sabha and 77 Assembly segments in Odisha.
While Mohanty, accompanied by her actor son Babusan filed her nomination for Cuttack constituency, Panda who recently joined Ama Odisha Party filed her papers for Ranpur Assembly segment in Nayagarh district.
Ranjan Patnaik, who is also son-in-law of Assam Governor JB Patnaik and Prasad Harichandan filed their nominations for the Khandapada Assembly segment in Nayagarh district and Satyabadi Assembly segment in Puri district respectively.
BJD candidate Rita Tarai filed her papers for Jajpur Lok Sabha seat and Congress`s Puri Lok Sabha nominee Sucharita Mohanty also filed her nomination papers.
Of about 56 candidates who filed nomination papers during the day, 48 persons filed nomination for 32 Assembly segments while eight candidates filed their papers in five Lok Sabha seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh