Aparajita, Prasad, Subhshree, Soumya file nomination
Bhubaneswar: Prominent Oriya actress Aparajita Mohanty,Subhashree Panda, AOP founder President Soumya Ranjan Patnaik and Congress chief whip Prasad Harichandan were among over 56 candidates who filed nomination papers for the second phase of polls for 11 Lok Sabha and 77 Assembly segments in Odisha.
While Mohanty, accompanied by her actor son Babusan filed her nomination for Cuttack constituency, Panda who recently joined Ama Odisha Party filed her papers for Ranpur Assembly segment in Nayagarh district.
Ranjan Patnaik, who is also son-in-law of Assam Governor JB Patnaik and Prasad Harichandan filed their nominations for the Khandapada Assembly segment in Nayagarh district and Satyabadi Assembly segment in Puri district respectively.
BJD candidate Rita Tarai filed her papers for Jajpur Lok Sabha seat and Congress`s Puri Lok Sabha nominee Sucharita Mohanty also filed her nomination papers.
Of about 56 candidates who filed nomination papers during the day, 48 persons filed nomination for 32 Assembly segments while eight candidates filed their papers in five Lok Sabha seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign
- Preity Zinta all set to make her first TV show appearance post wedding! – See pic
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- READ: What Suresh Raina said after Gujarat Lions' dream IPL run ended in Qualifier 2