Appeal for safe return of two workers from Saudi Arabia
Berhampur (Odisha): Family members of two Odisha workers, who are allegedly languishing in Saudi Arabia for over five months, have appealed to the Ganjam district administration for their safe return.
District Labour Officer (DLO) Chhatrapur, K B G Rao on Saturday sent an inquiry report to the labour commissioner in this regard.
"I made an inquiry following allegation by the family members," the DLO said today.
The family members of the workers alleged that Sanjay Parida and Rabi Parida were being harassed physically and mentally by a private company in the gulf country.
"They narrated their plight to us over phone recently," Rabi`s mother Tamala said.
Sanjay`s wife Laxmi said she and Tamala had narrated the plight of the labourers to the DLO on Friday.
Laxmi had earlier brought the matter to the notice of the additional district magistrate. He then asked the DLO to conduct an enquiry.
The two workers of Ganjam district, along with five others from Khurda (three) and Kendrapara (two) districts had gone to Saudi Arabia in a group through a Bhubaneswar based agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon