Appeal for safe return of two workers from Saudi Arabia
Berhampur (Odisha): Family members of two Odisha workers, who are allegedly languishing in Saudi Arabia for over five months, have appealed to the Ganjam district administration for their safe return.
District Labour Officer (DLO) Chhatrapur, K B G Rao on Saturday sent an inquiry report to the labour commissioner in this regard.
"I made an inquiry following allegation by the family members," the DLO said today.
The family members of the workers alleged that Sanjay Parida and Rabi Parida were being harassed physically and mentally by a private company in the gulf country.
"They narrated their plight to us over phone recently," Rabi`s mother Tamala said.
Sanjay`s wife Laxmi said she and Tamala had narrated the plight of the labourers to the DLO on Friday.
Laxmi had earlier brought the matter to the notice of the additional district magistrate. He then asked the DLO to conduct an enquiry.
The two workers of Ganjam district, along with five others from Khurda (three) and Kendrapara (two) districts had gone to Saudi Arabia in a group through a Bhubaneswar based agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read