Areas having coal deposit should be allocated only to govt
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government has informed the Centre that areas having coal deposits should be allocated "only" to the government companies under the control of host coal bearing state.
In a letter sent to the Director of Union Coal Ministry P Soma Shekhar Reddy, the state government said ?The coal required by the industries located outside the state can be met by the host state government companies. However, priority will be given to the requirement of coal for industries located or proposed to be set up in the host coal bearing state.
The state government`s views on the coal block allotment was made in response to a circular issued by the Centre.
The state government maintained that the area containing coal for allocation to government companies should be identified, taking into consideration that such area should be fairly large in size having sufficient and good quality coal reserves to enable planning high capacity coal projects with world class technology and standards, with matching infrastructural facilities so that the needs of the End Use Plants can be met on a long term basis.
The state government while keeping its views on the draft idelines said that the application should be invited only from the state government companies nominated by the host coal bearing state.
Since the Centre has proposed that the applications received in response to ?the auction by competitive bidding of coal mines rules 2012 shall be considered by a committee, the state government said that a representative from the government of the host coal bearing state should be taken as a member of the committee to be constituted by MOC.
The state government also viewed that it should be informed about the observation of the committee before final decision was taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared