Arms and ammunition seized in Odisha
Jajpur: A huge cache of arms and ammunition, purportedly stocked by Maoists, were on Tuesday seized during a special operation by police in a forest spread over Odisha`s Jajpur and Keonjhar districts.
Two rifles, a pistol, 146 rounds of ammunition, seven boosters, 100 aluminium detonators, a screwdriver set and explosive materials were seized during the operation by the police in Aradapal forest, Jajpur SP Deepak Kumar said.
The raid was conducted on the basis of information provided by an arrested Maoist, Kumar said.
"We expect more seizures in the coming days," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet