Arms and ammunition seized in Odisha
Jajpur: A huge cache of arms and ammunition, purportedly stocked by Maoists, were on Tuesday seized during a special operation by police in a forest spread over Odisha`s Jajpur and Keonjhar districts.
Two rifles, a pistol, 146 rounds of ammunition, seven boosters, 100 aluminium detonators, a screwdriver set and explosive materials were seized during the operation by the police in Aradapal forest, Jajpur SP Deepak Kumar said.
The raid was conducted on the basis of information provided by an arrested Maoist, Kumar said.
"We expect more seizures in the coming days," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter