Arms and ammunition seized in Odisha
Jajpur: A huge cache of arms and ammunition, purportedly stocked by Maoists, were on Tuesday seized during a special operation by police in a forest spread over Odisha`s Jajpur and Keonjhar districts.
Two rifles, a pistol, 146 rounds of ammunition, seven boosters, 100 aluminium detonators, a screwdriver set and explosive materials were seized during the operation by the police in Aradapal forest, Jajpur SP Deepak Kumar said.
The raid was conducted on the basis of information provided by an arrested Maoist, Kumar said.
"We expect more seizures in the coming days," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH