Arms and ammunition seized in Odisha
Jajpur: A huge cache of arms and ammunition, purportedly stocked by Maoists, were on Tuesday seized during a special operation by police in a forest spread over Odisha`s Jajpur and Keonjhar districts.
Two rifles, a pistol, 146 rounds of ammunition, seven boosters, 100 aluminium detonators, a screwdriver set and explosive materials were seized during the operation by the police in Aradapal forest, Jajpur SP Deepak Kumar said.
The raid was conducted on the basis of information provided by an arrested Maoist, Kumar said.
"We expect more seizures in the coming days," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj